Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Chapter 15.

The amount of internet activity through cites such as myspace, facebook, and other blogging cites has undoubtedly risen and the creation of other factfinders and protest cites has increased too but I don't think they have the potential that Scholz says. Or at least I don't think it has that much potential for everyone. I really think that only certain kinds of people invest alot of time into blogging and social networking online. Some cites are great like the Katrinapeople finder that helped people find their loved ones. Some have great potential but I don't think everyone is so supportive of using the internet to socially network and to make change. I don't think alot of people have enough time to do that. People with families and jobs. I would rather send time being with my family and friends than being on the computer and socially networking. I think he overemphasizes the willingness of people to become really involved online.

becky

No comments: