Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Class 10.21.08

First, what a miserable day in Geneva. Second, I think there are going to be some great movies. As I have been reading through the class blogs, it sounds like students have been following some pretty interesting topics. I think people will get pretty creative with their movies. As the class broke into groups ,listening to people talk and some of the music coming form computers only left me excited to see what people would come up with.
I liked how three different people taught how to make movies. Before this class, I was in the dark about where to even start to make a movie. I thought Pat did a great job. The Windows movie “maker” (sorry if that is not the correct name) seemed very easy and simple to use. Adrienne defiantly had a great understanding of the moviemaker she discussed. I liked how she went through the different effects and options you can implement into the movie. As Adrienne went on with Youtube and the “kiss” option, I got pretty confused. I am not that savvy with technology so I am not really sure what flash files and different “downloader’s” do. Max’s presentation was great too. I thought his moviemaker application was more technical but pretty useful, once you figure out all the gadgets. Overall, I think this was a great idea to have some students teach everyone else how to use this programs. The exercise made me feel a lot better about how to make a movie on a computer and use the different gadgets in each application.
I think our group has a great start to our video. We worked today in class on the script of the movie and cleared up some of the logistics I hope it turns out well. We spent time yesterday and this past weekend gathering our information and videos we will use. At first, I thought our video was going to be way to long. However, I think we have organized it well to fit the time time requirement.
As class came to and end, I took a step back and thought about this assignment. This is a very unique and interesting assignment that many college classes do not have the privilege of doing. I think it is neat that we have an opportunity to learn about how to make a movie on our computers. It is something different and not you see everyday in a class. ANyways, I think our group will pull through with a great video for the whole class to enjoy.

Sam

3 comments:

J said...

Sam--I really appreciate your feedback. Your enthusiasm and open attitude about the class makes me feel like things are going well. And, then I really know where you are coming from when you make critical suggestions. Thanks again!

Becky, Sam, Merel, James, Adrienne, Asa said...

Sam! i wish you had spoken up...the last thing i want is to leave someone in the dark. Good thing we are in the same group...i'll try and clear up any confusion you may have as we fine tune our video.

-adrienne

BG said...

Sam- I agree with your thoughts about the movie demonstrations and their effectiveness.