Friday, October 31, 2008

Class on 10.30

I enjoyed our second go around of student teaching. Everyone in my group had interesting presentations .In my group, Jessica had a great power point that incorporated a lot of statistics about other countries and Internet use, basically what Prof. Dean was talking about at the end of class today. It was very interesting hearing the numerous amounts of statistics. Merel also had an interesting presentation. I thought it was very cool how you could have the images on a webpage float around. Nothing against Merel and what she chose to present, but its amazing the amount of useless applications and gadgets one can find!

As far as the select group of class presentations. I found Abe’s presentation very intriguing. It developed a great discussion. I thought that tool (I cannot remember its name, Amazon kindle?) had some negatives and positives. I think it is important to have a book so you can dog ear pages, highlight and write in the margins. Also, like Mike Suits said, I cannot look at a computer screen for a long time while reading something. It drives me nuts. Some positive aspects of the tool were the accessibility of books for children and people of all age. Maybe this will make people read more? Asa’s presentation was interesting. When he pulled up the website, I heard people giggling. It seemed like people have seen it. I never have. I also didn’t get its purpose. Is it just for gossip or does it serve an educational purpose. Not to put down Asa’s choice of presentation at all, because I definitely learned something, just I was pretty confused.

Overall, I would say this class was very successful. Like Prof. Dean said on Locationf8, everyone seemed to be involved in what other students has to say. Class is a lot more fun that way. Prof. Dean really confused the hell out of me at the end when she explained the format and assignments moving forward. However, I just read the plan for the coming weeks on locatiof8, so I feel better.

Sam

1 comment:

BG said...

Merel's presentation reminded me as well of the vast amount of useless applications throughout the internet. The Amazon Kindle is a great concept, but I feel the need to have a hard copy in front of me. This device will cater more toward younger up and coming generations. Not something that millenials will completely catch on to. Like you Sam, I had no idea that bishop'sear blog exists and it is somewhat disturbing to know.