Thursday, October 23, 2008

Film Productions

I really enjoyed everyone's film. I think they all turned out very well and I think it is safe to say that everyone learned something from this project. Each presentation was different and unique, but provided very helpful information. This was a great project that is different from a paper or even a power point presentation. Making a video allowed me to learn something new. I think the project was very informative and got everyone away from writing another long paper.I think the time limit we had for the video was great too. Since most people are new to making videos, a 5 minute production is feasible and allows a group to get their message across clearly.

I think the second presentation (from Jeff and Mike's group) was really great. I think the film editing was pretty creative. I think they used the film application to make the movie to the fullest. The fade of the music and slides to the pictures and animation as pretty neat. As far as the content goes, I think it was very informative and educational. I definitely understood the message you were trying to convey through the movie. It is fascinating how much information you can pack into a 5 minute or less video. I agree that the internet has a huge affect on politics and definitely has affect the 2008 election. Kudos to your group. Great presentation and use of the film application you used.

The third film (Max's group) was great. I think the content of the film was the best part. You provided some great information that really helped me follow what you wanted to discuss in your video. I think the simple techniques you used provided more comfort to the person watching the film. It was easy to follow and read.

I think the last group's video was very creative. I got a feeling of a real documentary when I was watching it. The music, images and content was really impressive. The film techniques you used seemed veer professional. To make the production even better, the content was there and not only was it there, but it was key information that got across important issues. I think your movie flowed very well from beginning to end. The transitional steps from one thing to another was flawless.

Overall, great project. I learned a lot. The guidelines for the project were nice too. I am not sure I would change anything. People went their own way with the video idea and I think that was the best part about it.

I thought our class discussion was interesting. I did not really follow where the talk was going at first. It took me a few minutes but I started to understand what people were saying and to gather my thoughts. I do think that the internet has made learning and interacting in politics easier. Without question, I think it has. Does it make people more involved in politics. Not sure.

Ah, I am not sure, this topic is not settling in my mind right now. I cannot make up what I want to say. Ill be back with more on this...

Sam

No comments: