Friday, October 3, 2008

Class Reflectin 10.2

I was not very happy with class today.

I think class got off to a bad start for me with the discussion of Twitter. It may be different with other people who understand Twitter more, but for me, I was so confused. I understand how Twitter works on a blog. It is simply posting what your are thinking, doing or where you are and people can read it. However, when the conversation about using cell phones and all that jazz, I just did not understand it. Not to mention that You Tube video was creepy. That girl is a nut.

I know this is sort of off topic, but it had me thinking. When someone does not know how to do something or is confused about how something works (like myself and how Twitter works with cell phones), I find it interesting how people think it is impossible to learn or just so overwhelming. People feel that way because they simply are not use to it. It is not normal. It is difficult to learn something that your not use to.

Anyways, the class discussion was OK. I understand the reading for the most part. The discussion in class was a little confusing. I was unclear about what Prof. Dean was asking because of the way she worded some questions. That threw me off. Overall, I think the class was not horrible, but we have had betters ones.

Sam

1 comment:

J said...

Sam--did you do the twitter experiment last night? Some folks sent txt messages via their phones as they were watching the debates.

I know what you mean about the frustration of trying to learn something new. I thought that in working it out altogether, we would benefit from each other's trial and error and be able to help each other out.

I'm sorry my questions weren't clearer. I was trying to get the class to reflect on whether or not the description of millennials provided in the last two chapters of Rebooting America applies to them. And I also wanted to know what the implications of these descriptions are for politics and governance in the future. If you are people who fit these descriptions, then what kind of political world will you make for yourselves?