Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pro's and Con's

Hi Guys,
I agree a lot with Sam actually, so read his blog first :P. I loved the fact that it was chaotic but I thought it was really difficult to speak your mind if you had to wait for 10 people to speak first. You heard a lot of "going back to the ....subject" and basically I wanted to comment on everything that was said. I could not, because the class already proceeded to the next topic. However, this way many people did get to say something and I thought it was nice to hear some new faces in class speaking up.

However Sam and I disagree about 1 thing. I hate it when people have a conversation but they are actually speaking about something different. I felt people were not listening to each other and kept therefore repeating the same arguments over and over. (I could be guilty to that as well). So I would prefer it if next time we would talk about the same thing and have 4 or 5 main positions for example instead of everyone talking about their own opinion and basically saying what the person next to you also said.

But although there some things I did not like about today, I really liked the fact that we had a real class discussion, where everyone got to speak and the professor said less than usual. It's different from my other classes and I like the fact that there are opposite views instead of everyone agreeing. From all my classes, this one is the most discussed outside of class. But I have to be honest, I do feel that the subject of the class is at times too repetitive and there are not always answers.


As a comment on the experiment of Location F8 I wanted to say something. I really like the idea, it is a geat experiment. No, I do not want to participate, but I think it would be really funny if other people would. However I think there is 1 really big difference between this experiment and what is happening on the internet: I know who is doing it and I meet the person often. I would have a much bigger problem with the experiment because I know the person. Lets face it, other staff of HWS (for example security with the firedepartment) can come in your room anytime and check whether your room is secure. So in that sense we are already being monitored by people, just like we are monitored by the internet. We don't mind them coming in.

By
Merel van Helden

No comments: