Friday, September 12, 2008

Reaction 9.11.09

I enjoyed the discussion we had in class today. I think it is interesting how there is not a set design of the class but the students are able to debate and talk about what they feel will work best. I thought it was smart to clear up some issues about blogs and what we can personally do with our class blogs. 

Lay some rules, guidelines and do's and don'ts. Very smart. 

Watch out for those trolls!

In regards to the discussion about what people can post and how nice people should be. I think that a student should realize that if he/she writes something in their blog that they should understand that someone may not agree with them and can voice their opinion in the comments section. A blog is an open space to write what you want. If I disagree with you, I will let you know, but I will not attack you or attempt to hurt you. I think if someone disagrees with another student, they should be mature and understand we are in a classroom setting and explain why they disagree with them and give their opinion. This can be done with attacking someone else. Most importantly, I think no one should attack a student's personal statements. There is no need to upset someone because of their personal feelings. That isn't right. 

When the class split into groups, I was interested to see how other groups would generate groups if they wanted to. At the end of class, the three other groups besides the one I was in walked the line of forming a group, but I still felt some tension.  I felt people were unsure of doing group work and there was a sense of timidness to form a blogging group, which is fine! If you work better alone, that is great! 

Overall, I like the direction of the class. I am learning something new and I have met some great people. My emotions have completely flipped. From not being overly enthused about the class  and going to being excited to see what comes is a pretty cool feeling. 

I had a nightmare about trolls. Weird. 

Sam

1 comment:

JColburn1 said...

Was your nightmare about he trolls with colored funny hair? Or online trolls that want to ruin your life or your blog?